THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 3, 2011

Horizon.

Some days I just feel like going to the beach by myself and just sit there. To look at the horizon, there is something so intriguing and calming about that view. That line which apparently to our eyes, divides the sky from the sea, that line which is not really there. We could go into a full blown conversation about geometrical formulas, Pythagorean theorem, the radius of the earth, curvature of the horizon or the effect of atmospheric reaction, but why complicate things? When i look at the horizon, i forget all the formulas, all the reasoning, i just think on the perfect combination of sand, breeze, the smell of sea water, the sky and our endless imagination. The line that divides earth and sky is to many of us a world of possibilities only limited by the power of our minds. That being said, to me, that scenario is the epitome of spiritual tranquility, like my "Zen place" to put it on another way. I will live you with this and will try to go meditate, in my room, which I haven't done in a while :D

"A person can grow only as much as their horizon allows." -John Powell.




Dictionary Definition.

Horizon 

 noun. The line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment