THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to school traffic.

This past Monday was the first day back to school here in Miami. I avoided to talk about it all summer, just because just the thought of it it's depressing. I'm or at least try to be a pretty positive person, but the thought of driving from my house to my job and back everyday in this killer traffic, is just not fun. I live 5 to 10 minutes away from work, in a summer day when school is out and we still have a bit of traffic, it wouldn't take me more than 20 minutes to get to work, but when school is back, OH DEAR! Just so you have an idea, it took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to work on Monday. I mean, it's just ridiculous! Don't get me wrong it's not only the traffic but also all the rude people out on the streets. Come on, isn't it enough we have to sit in a car for 30+ minutes but also have to endure all this people suffering road rage, giving you the finger and rudely trying to cut you off without any kind of signal??? This is what traffic looked like on Monday





Do I like to sit there for almost an hour everyday back and forth??? Of course I don't, but what am I suppose to do??? Fight people??? Get mad??? Give someone the finger??? Cut them off??? OF COURSE NOT!!! I don't think I would ever do such a thing, I'm not judging, I'm just saying ME, personally, wouldn't do it. We are all on the same boat, whether we like it or not, we are all heading on the same direction, we might not all have the same destination, but we all have to share the road. Don't let all this madness get to you. So if you see someone trying to come out of a  shopping center/gas station/street let them go before you if traffic is not moving. You see someone trying to go from one lane to the other and people don't let them, be the person that does. I'm not saying to stop traffic and just sit there and let everyone pass you, but if you are not moving, and your not going to obstruct traffic, let them go before you. It's not only going to make you feel better, it will also probably make the other person happy, and they might do the same for someone else, and then the snowball effect is in action(Which is a theory i only like in this kind of situations). Also try this , create a playlist(I'm very OCD, so I have different playlist for different moods/times/days) or make a CD with your "Happy Songs" or "Traffic Mix", something in that line. This playlist will vary depending on your taste in music, but pick the ones that really make you feel good. Pick songs that make you bring out the singer within you. Leave the windows up, turn the volume up and sing away. You would think is not a big deal, but it has really made a difference in my commute, it's kind of therapeutic in a way. I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me! You have the power of choosing, choose to be the "Happy driver" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment